Friday, May 27, 2011

Obama Working on Gun Control 'Under the Radar'!



By Reginald Kaigler (DEMCAD)

It looks like all of those so called paranoid nuts who bought guns after the election of Barack Obama was right after all. In 2009, I remember telling a bus driver that I bought my first gun because I was worried that if I didn't do it soon, I would lose my rights forever. Now, I highlight doubt that pump action shotguns will be banned anytime soon, but it just goes to show you how distrustful people were of Obama. And now we have confirmation that Obama will attempt to push gun control through some time in the future.

Hot Air highlighted a Washington Post piece that discussed Sarah Brady's meeting with met with White House press secretary Jay Carney. Apparently, the President dropped in on the meeting and

"brought up the issue of gun control, “to fill us in that it was very much on his agenda,” she said."

“I just want you to know that we are working on it,” Brady recalled the president telling them. “We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar.”


Sarah Brady is the wife of Reagan assassination victim Jim Brady and a big advocate of gun control. According to Sarah, Obama is interested in record keeping.


"In the meeting, she said, Obama discussed how records get into the system and what can be done about firearms retailers."


So if Sarah is correct, we can expect Obama to use executive order or some other method to limit certain firearms and ban large capacity magazines. Whether he is successful or not will depend on us. Frankly, Obama could have been lying his ass off when he told this lady that he was serious about gun control. Based on his political history, I'm sure he would love to ban certain guns, but his current political situation would make that almost impossible.


Obama: We're Working on Gun Control 'Under the Radar'

Over a barrel? Meet White House gun policy adviser Steve Croley

No comments:

Post a Comment